Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FW: Security Vulnerability with SMS 2.0 Remote Control

From: m_a_n_i_a_c_ () HOTMAIL COM (Maniac .)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:24:22 GMT

This was originally reported back in December on another mailing list (Win2K
Security Advice).  Basically, as Frank suggested this isn't really a huge
security issue as proper ACL settings will guard against this problem.  But
it is important that people running SMS 2.0 are aware of this hole.

Probably another oversight on Microsoft's part, why would they not have the
install process of SMS 2.0 on each client take care of this.  Hopefully they
will decide to fix this in the next SMS 2.0 SP.

Subject: FW: Security Vulnerability with SMS 2.0 Remote Control

-==-Man!ac-==-
"I don't intend to offend, I offend with my intent"