Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More Detailed Info on the BitchX Format Bugs

From: ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM (Ryan Russell)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:22:20 -0700

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, RoboHak wrote:

After some code auditing I found some other format bugs that only
effected local commands.  I had other things I had to do, and since
the bugs were only locally exploitable, I waited a few hours until
panasync (Colten Edwards) showed up on irc.  The local bugs were not
as simple to fix, so we discused the best way to go about fixing them.
Once we had all the bugs we could find fixed, panasync commited them
to our CVS repository.

How about the /ban string passing, as reported in the vuln-dev list?

                                                Ryan