Bugtraq mailing list archives

More wIRCSrv stupidity

From: wizdumb () LEET ORG (Drew)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:17:22 +0200

Yo,

I saw USSRLab's post about wIRCSrv. I was considering posting about this
daemon a while ago, but decided against it because I didn't know if it was
still being maintained. So I went and downloaded the latest version to find
that it had the same bug... err.. feature. The feature/bug is the importmotd
command, which allows any IRCOp to set the motd to any file on the servers
hard-drive(s). Obviously enough, you trust the IRCOps on your server, but does
that mean you automatically trust them enough to view any file on your system?
I'm not too sure about that. :-)

Shoutz to the folks over at USSRLabs :-)

Cheers,
Andrew Lewis aka. Wizdumb [MDMA]

www.mdma.za.net <-- now up :-)