Bugtraq mailing list archives

RealServer exposes internal IP addresses

From: tschweikle () FIDUCIA DE (tschweikle () FIDUCIA DE)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:41:33 +0100

RealServer exposes internal IP addresses if requested to
deliver real media files:

62.158.114.150 -> 192.168.13.33 HTTP
  GET /ramgen/extern/genoverb/weinkauf.rm HTTP/1.0

192.168.13.33 -> 62.158.114.150 HTTP
  (proxy) R port=1210

192.168.13.33 -> 62.158.114.150 HTTP
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK

192.168.13.33 -> 62.158.114.150 HTTP
  rtsp://192.168.13.33:554/extern/genoverb/weinkauf.rm

The Server is located inside a DMZ. Network-Address
translation is in effect from internet as is from campus.

In my opinion this may be usedfull for an intruder, and
RealNetworks should fix this. I've informed them about
6 weeks ago, calling them again four weeks later, then
14 days ago, but no reaction on there side until now.

--
Thomas