Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Serv-U] Re: Serv-U FTP-Server v2.4a showing real path

From: Rob () CAT-SOFT COM (Rob Beckers)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 10:11:13 -0500

--On Tuesday, February 29, 2000 10:31 PM -0500 "x-empt ( lvhc / lou )"
<lvhc () urban-a net> wrote:

I was not able to reproduce this issue in any form on version 2.4a using
the "Show path relative to home directory" option.

x-empt

Berk Ulsoy wrote:

Actually this is not a bug, but a nasty thing
if you request a wrong dir from Serv-U FTP-Server v2.4a, it will return
the full physical path of the disk.

I have not tested this on v2.4a (and am not going to), so I can't confirm
nor deny it. Either way, v2.4a is a *very* old release and should not be
used any more in a production environment. The current release is v2.5d,
available from ftp://ftp.cat-soft.com/

I have tested the above with v2.5d and it will *not* show full paths when
the "show paths relative to home dir" option is enabled in the 'setup -
users - misc' menu selection. Anyone with a license for an older version of
Serv-U can upgrade for free by simply downloading v2.5d and running the
setup program.

        Rob
        -/-

--- This message was entirely written using recycled electrons ---
       All about FTP Serv-U v2.5d: http://www.ftpserv-u.com