Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: gpm-root

From: adam () CFAR UMD EDU (ADAM Sulmicki)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:35:53 -0500

I've sent report about the following security hole to the
authors of gpm, but they seemed to ignore the problem. The
problem applies to every gpm version known by me, for
example 1.18.1 and 1.19.0.

Well, if you would check README in 1.19.0 version, you would notice
following fragment:

        =========== MAINTAINANCE
        As of 1.19.0, gpm is officially unmaintained. I can't do it any more,
        and nobody expressed interest in it.

So I don't think it is fair to blame someone who spent a great deal of
their time doing gpm and has just quit it. Instead of blaming them
how about making up a patch and telling everybody "here's a patch
which fixes this problem".

FWIW,

Adam