Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Local Denial-of-Service attack against Linux

From: sullivan () SIKUREZZA ORG (Gigi Sullivan)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 00:37:27 +0200

Aiee:)

        Hello!

        As I said in my previous post, the patch I supplied worked, but it
        wasn't the right way to do it.

        So, I attach here a `new' patch (very easy one, tho).
        This should do the job and should be the `right way' do it ...
        however, if someone find something of wrong, please let me (us) know.

Thx a lot

bye bye

                                        -- gg sullivan

Apparently unix domain sockets are ignoring the /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max
parameter, despite the documentation to the contrary.  The fix should be
simple, but I haven't had time to chase it down, and I'm not (usually) a
Linux kernel developer.

                      -- JF

--
Lorenzo Cavallaro       `Gigi Sullivan' <sullivan () sikurezza org>

Until I loved, life had no beauty;
I did not know I lived until I had loved. (Theodor Korner)

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/plain attachment: dos_patch_last_
</UL>