Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [XFree86 3.3.6] fix for race conditions in xterm logfile handling

From: jk () ESPY ORG (Joel Klecker)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:52:09 -0800

At 18:39 -0500 2000-03-01, Branden Robinson wrote:
       call with an fclose and a redirection of the stderr stream.  While
       I was at it I added a #include for the header file that the getpt()
       function is protyped in to try and silence a compiler warning.  I
       then found out that glibc doesn't actually have a prototype for it
       in their header files (contrary to their documentation).

Yes it does, getpt() is a GNU extension, therefore you have to define the
_GNU_SOURCE macro in order to get the prototype.

--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk () espy org>                 <URL:mailto:espy () debian org>