Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: RFP2K04: Mining BlackICE with RFPickAxe

From: matt () USE NET (Matt)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 12:19:01 -0700

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Robert Graham wrote:

1. There is no issue with BlackICE (Sentry/Defender/Agent) IDS. Only the
centralized console ICEcap.

2. This isn't a problem in "officially" supported installations of ICEcap,
only "eval" installations.

3. This is a problem in virtually any product that uses Access/Jet/.mdb
(including many built into WinNT Server).

I believe this could've been easily avoided by making MDAC 2.1 SP2
components a required part of the installation. I can think of at least
one vendor in rfp's list that did do that, which I believe eliminates the
vulnerability (as well as some y2k and stability/performance issues).

On a side note, I just noticed that MDAC 2.5 is out.