Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ALERT: Remote Retrieval Of Authentication Data From Internet Explorer

From: Justin King <JKing () GFPGROUP COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:30:20 -0400

At the core of this vulnerability is a "feature" I recall reporting to
bugtraq over a year ago.

See:
 http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/24766

At that time the bugtraq community seemed to deny that there really was a
vulnerability, though I believe someone from Microsoft mentioned they would
suggest the IE team look into it.

It's nice to see someone come up with a fairly convincing exploit.

-Justin