Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-078)

From: Luiz Lima <llima () IMAGELINK COM BR>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:29:11 -0200

So, to solve a security issue, Microsoft has decided how I can or can't name
my own folders? Specially when ".com" is the most widely used TLD on the
Internet, did it ever occur that an ISP and webdeveloper company could have
literaly hundreds or thousands of folders named "something.com" to host
websites still under development and/or part of a portfolio? Can you
honestly tell me that locking the drawer with the key inside is the best
patch you can provide?

Please, don't reply saying YES to any of these retorical questions... Please
offer a solution (which doesn't include being vulnerable again) instead.

---
Luiz Lima
Image Link Internet
http://www.imagelink.com.br