Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: expoit for locale format string bug (Solaris 2.x)

From: Dan Harkless <dan-bugtraq () DILVISH SPEED NET>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:24:56 -0700

Ejovi Nuwere <ejovi () EJOVI NET> writes:
Posting broken code to a full discloser mailing list is as lame as
mispelling "exploit" in your subject line. If you do not want people using
your code, don't post it!

It will be a matter of minutes before someone is giving out a working
version on IRC and a day before someone will post a working version to
bugtraq. Its not worth my time to look at code I know to be broken.