Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Word documents that "phone" home

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () INCH COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:05:26 -0400

Is anyone aware of whether or not other applications capable of opening
word docs are vulnerable.  Examples would be StarOffice and Applixware...

Thanks,

Charles

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Crooks, James wrote:

exploit also affects .rtf files in MS Word 97 (URL in .rtf: gets ignored in MS
WordPad, gets error message in Lotus Word Pro 97) - I'm getting someone to
verify operation of Word in MS Office 2000...
/jc

"Richard M. Smith" <rms () PRIVACYFOUNDATION ORG> on 08/30/2000 07:52:51 AM

Please respond to "Richard M. Smith" <rms () PRIVACYFOUNDATION ORG>