Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Xerox N40 printers and Code Red worm

From: Derek Martin <ddm () pizzashack org>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 00:04:08 -0400

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 10:29:29PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
Also COMPLAIN VEHEMENTLY about the lack of ACLs on [these Xerox]
printers.  [...]  So I say buy HP instead!

Is HP any better?  I have a IIIsi and haven't found any way to stop it
from taking print jobs from anyone who can connect to port 9100, so I
have had to put it in the RFC1918 part of the house LAN.  Annoying.

That thing still works?  =8^)  The IIIsi is a reletively ancient
printer.  HP's newer enterprise-targeted printers, including the 4000
series, typically do have ACLs.

--
Derek Martin          |   Unix/Linux geek
ddm () pizzashack org    |   GnuPG Key ID: 0x81CFE75D