Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Can we afford full disclosure of security holes?

From: rms () privacyfoundation org (Richard M. Smith)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:32:53 -0400

I've probably found a dozen or so security holes in Microsoft products.
Many of these problems were reported on BugTraq list without full
disclosure.  How come so few people have ever approached me for the full
details?  I guess I don't see the same level of demand for
full-disclosure as you do.

However one thing is now crystal clear with Code Red: full-disclosure
comes with one of hell of a price tag.  There has to be a better way.

Richard