Bugtraq mailing list archives

CR vs. CoreBuilder

From: jnemeth () victoria tc ca (John Nemeth)
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:12:40 -0700

     I have a 3Com CoreBuilder 3500 running software version 2.1.0 that
has been falling over a lot over the last few days.  I attached a
terminal to the console port.  One of the times when it fell over, I
noticed a message about a problem with the HTTP server.  So, I checked
the configuration and sure enough I had disabled web access.  Pointing
a web browser at it, finds that the webserver is still active, it just
always returns a page saying, "Web access denied".  Talk about a stupid
way of doing things!  Telneting to port 80 and using HEAD gets the
following info:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK