Bugtraq mailing list archives

FTPXQ default install read/write capabilities

From: "Brice Carlson" <tuck167 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:58:02 -0500

FTPXQ default install read/write capabilities
by Brice Carlson

****
System
****
ftpXQ by www.datawizard.net

****
Problem
****
Upon default setup. Through anonymous and through the user name and pass of test you have read/write capabilities to drive c:

****
Vendor Notification Date.
****

December 4, 2001

****
Vendor Response to email.
****

Hi Brice, Yes, those IDs are configured by default to have access for the C:\ drive for the purpose of an administrator testing the server. We assume that every responsible administrator will run the server first in a test environment, and not in a production setting, or on an IP that is exposed to the internet. Administrators should obviously change the access for both of these accounts and/or change the User IDs before putting it into a production environment. As a result of your email however, we will change the default access for the anonymous user to be read only, as well as post a message at the end of the install noting the default access for the test users. Sincerely, Rahim

Rahim Mawji Director,
Applications Development
DataWizard Technologies
Phone: (416) 385-9741, x1013