Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HeliSec: StarOffice symlink exploit

From: JeT Li <jet_li_man () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:59:13 +0100

I reported this problem to BUGTRAQ on November 8, 2000.  See
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/1922 for more details.  I believe Sun
has now released patches for this issue.  It always helps to do a search
before reporting a "new" vulnerability. :-)

Regards,

Christian.

        Hi Christian, I had already saw your post when I sent the mine ;-) I
know that this vulnerability is not new, and I didn't say that it was. I have
included an exploit because there was none for this flaw, and I have
explained a little more how to fix the problem. Thank u for the info, regards:

                                        JeT Li  -The Wushu Master-