Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerabilities in Informix Webdriver

From: "Joshua R. Poulson" <jrp () pun org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:24:18 -0800

Webdriver is the web interface of Informix database,I found it is
vulnerable.In the common condition,webdriver is submitted with a
parameter,but if you type http://victim/cgi-bin/webdriver directly,
It will return a webpage which you can modify or delete database on
it.

The Web DataBlade manuals have a comment about leaving the AppPage
Builder program running on a production database on page 11-4 of the
Version 4.0 Administrator's Guide.

   "You should not install AppPage Builder (APB) in a Production
    Database, since APB is typically only used during development and
    can pose a security risk if present in a production database."

Otherwise, webdriver will make a /tmp/.log file,its attribute is
-rw-rw-rw,we can make a symlink and get the nobody privilege,
although without root privilege,we can deface the website as
nobody.

The only files created with a .log extension are debug logs.  What
version of the web driver are you using?

--jrp