Bugtraq mailing list archives

Broker 5.9.5.0 Directory Traversal

From: ByteRage <byterage () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 09:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

Broker 5.9.5.0 Directory Traversal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFFECTED SYSTEMS

Broker 5.9.5.0

DESCRIPTION

Broker has the same *.lnk upload vulnerability than
the one I recently found in WFTPD, with :

PUT \local.lnk remote.lnk.

We can create our own link, this way, we can traverse
the homedirectory. It's even easier than the WFTPD
bug, because we can point our *.lnk file to a
directory, then we can just CD to the created link,
and we're in the directory we're not supposed to be
in.

IMPACT
users with write permissions can traverse directories,
by uploading a lnk file pointing to the desired file /
directory

VENDOR STATUS

I have sent this advisory to <support () transsoft com>