Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Two birds with one worm.

From: "Brian.J.Mauter" <maute001 () bama ua edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:10:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Testing various other devices on my subnet, I found that my 3Com Wireless
LAN Access Point was not affected, but my HP 4500 was because it has an HP
Jet Direct Card in it.  I do not have conclusive evidence that it was Code
Red, but the printer has never acted strangely before.  When I call the
printer's webserver, I get a "Device is not attached" error along with "HP
JetDirect [Not available:SNMPException: no response]" at the top of the
page.  All of the admin functions fail and I cannot determine if the
printer is even functioning.  (It's remote, or else I'd walk over to it
and look.)

I don't know, but this may get any HP device with JetDirect.  Can anyone
qualify that?

   Brian Mauter
   Network Administator
   Computer-Based Honors Program