Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: URGENT MICROSOFT SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT

From: dannyschneller () bigfoot de
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:14:45 +0200

I do not know this for sure, but it seems to me that the patch made
available from Microsoft influences other network services too. Since
installing today on a remote machine via VNC and restarting the server
(W2K Server, German) I have been unable to connect to the machine
via VNC again. IIS, WarFTP and Mercuy Mailservers however seem to
be working fine on the same machine.

Another server (Windows NT4, SP6a, English) seems to be affected,
too. After installing the patch I was unable to connect to it via SSH to
the
installed Cygwin SSHD.

So although I am not completely sure about the cause of these
malfunctions you should be careful installing the patch, especially on
machines you cannot easily reach physically.

Daniel Schneller