Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: SECURITY.NNOV: Outlook Express address book spoofing

From: "Matt Priestley" <mpriest () microsoft com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:33:28 -0700

Mitigating the problem somewhat is the fact that if G1 & G2 already
correspond (which seems plausible given the attack scenario) there would
already be an entry for G2 in the contact list. In that case doesn't OE
pop up an arbitration dialog? That ought to give the user a clue that
something is amiss. They will have to choose "which" address to send to.

Personally at that point I would ask myself how I managed to get two
entries and check them a little more closely in order to select one.

-matthew Priestley
mpriest () microsoft com

Phone: 425-703-9478