Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: suid scotty (ntping) overflow (fwd)

From: Kris Kennaway <kris () obsecurity org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 19:17:37 -0700

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:55:48AM -0400, Larry W. Cashdollar wrote:

This has circulated on vuln-dev not sure if it made it here yet.  Vendor
has been notified and released a fixed version 2.1.11.

My exploit:
http://vapid.dhs.org/ntping_exp.c

There is a much better exploit out there, but I am not sure if I have
permission to distribute it.  So I will leave that to the author.

Curious that they didn't respond when I told them about this last
August.  The port has been disabled in FreeBSD since then, but I kept
on forgetting about it which is why we never followed up with an
advisory.

Kris