Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:25:19 -0400

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 02:24:55 +0200, kangoo <kangoo () saga-city com>  said:
Permissions of /Users/yourname/Desktop which show your desktop is
xrwxrwxrwx, allowing every user to read/write on your own Desktop folder.

Fix: chmod 755 or chmod 750 /Users/yourname/Desktop

Apple have been warned long ago and as of 10.0.4 it is stil not fixed.

Odd.. mine is set to mode 700.  And I'm quite sure I didn't chmod it
myself.  Tested on a 10.0.4 system (but I installed 10.0.4 today, and
the times reported by ls -l for both . and ./Desktop are to initial
install/10.0.3 update era).  So there's something more to it - perhaps
a different configuration setting someplace?  Maybe it's because I installed
10.0 on top of a 9.1 system that had folder sharing turned off?  I don't
know....

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst