Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set

From: Frank Meurer <Frank.Meurer () gmd de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:17:50 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Guillaume Rischard cum veritate scripsit :

Same here - /Users/stereo/Desktop is chmod 700 on OSX 10.0.4, both
Server and "Standalone". The template for new user directories is stored
at:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Resources/English.lproj/
user.gnutar. You might want to check if the template's permissions are
set correctly.

Hello,

after many months of reading bugtraq this is my first posting. :-)
If I remember this thread exactly: IMHO nobody mentioned the type of the
FS on which /Users/stereo/Desktop is created.
Is it possible that /Users/stereo/Desktop has mode 777 only on HFS+ ?

best regards,
Frank Meurer

--
Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation
of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.