Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i Applications Desktop Integrator

From: Oracle Security Alerts <secalert_us () oracle com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:28:47 -0700

necessary and with the server security feature turned fully on, you would also
need to supply a pass-key associated with the machine from which you were
attempting to make the connection. This is intended to prevent access by
compromised code or malicious DLLs. Supported Oracle customers should go to
Metalink for more details and patch availability.

Regards,
Oracle Security Alerts

Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

Is it just me or does this sound like "security by obscurity"? What if I
sit down and write evil PAVEL11I.DLL that *looks* like production one
but dumps passwords as debug one?

Looks to me like either *) server patch is unnecessary or *) you have
security hole, anyway.
                                                                Pavel