Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Qpopper 4.0.3 **** Fixes Buffer Overflow **** (fwd)

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 21:42:37 -0400

Heres the first post on this issue that I saw ... I worked to exploit it
but it actualy did truncate the string somehow... This was on a version
prior to 4.0.2 I believe... I had the same result as Optium, I was
unable to write past the edx register... the logs for syslog as I recall
stated the string was too long and that it was truncated down to a
certain length. Perhaps Optium has more input?

-KF