Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Wu 2.6.1 exploit

From: John <johns () TAMPABAY RR COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:42:48 -0500

I just posted another messages to Bugtraq before I read a post
to Anti Security from DiGiT. His comments are below.

 digit
 07.03.01 22:32:22
 Subject: wu-ftpd fake on BUGTRAQ
 Action: REPLY, NEW.

 Before everyone starts flaming me or antisec about that post to BUGTRAQ
 about wu-ftpd 2.6.1 you must realize that I did not write that
 "exploit" which is on bugtraq. In fact anyone who closely
 inspects the "exploit"  will see that it is actually a fake
 exploit. However I cant say for sure wether it is a trojan.

 This might be an attempt to undermine my credibility with antisec? If
so,
 it would be an extremely cheap shot.

Nomen Nescio wrote:

hi,

this is an exploit for wu-ftpd 2.6.1(1) on linux
propz to segv for giving this to me

bringin' you the 0day from the hackweiser crew, australian
+chapter

cya,
Till

----

/*
 * Linux wu-ftpd - 2.6.1(1)
 *
 * DiGiT
 */

The Proton
<proton () dshs nsw edu au>

--
The events which transpired five thousand years ago;
Five years ago or five minutes ago, have determined

- Dr John Henrik Clake -