Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Loopback and multi-homed routing flaw in TCP/IP stack.

From: Ben Laurie <ben () ALGROUP CO UK>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:31:39 +0000

Perry Harrington wrote:

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:05:32AM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
when routing is disabled. Further, there's no circumstance I can think
of where it makes sense to route 127/8 from an external interface! That

It's not 127/8 that we're talking about.  You can assign perfectly valid
real world IPs to lo interfaces.  The purpose is to get a machine that listens
on an IP but doesn't ARP for it.

You may not be talking about 127/8 but we are (and I freely admit that
may not have been made completely clear).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html