Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IE cookies assigned to RAM disk survive reboot

From: ian.cowan () perstorp com
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:27:17 +0000

Try using the MOVE FOLDER button in IE SETTINGS (general tab) and point it
to your RAMDRIVE - this way the registry will be changed for you...boot to
dos, delete the temp internet folder completely (use deltree)...cold boot
your pc and then do some surfing, your cookies should then only reside in
the place you want..

Also set cookies to automatic in above and set disk space as low as
possible (usually 1Mb)

Hope this helps.
Ian

"Thomas C. Greene" <tcgreene () bellatlantic net> on 18/11/2001 11:35:34