Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft IE cookies readable via about: URLS

From: "Oliver Petruzel" <opetruzel () cox rr com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:20:29 -0500

Jouko Pynnonen <jouko () solutions fi> wrote:

Microsoft Internet Explorer has a vulnerability which allows a
malicious website to access any cookie in the browser's memory or

This brings to mind a question:  has anyone collected a list of the most
revealing KNOWN cookies in the wild?  Is there a resource (site)
available with a list for me to use in order to perhaps blacklist the
URL's personally?  I often find myself studying my local cookies and
have noticed repeat offenders from very popular sites that I avoid now
because of this; and I believe such a public list would serve as a way
to prevent cookies from becoming too powerful or revealing.  A cookie
reporting service possibly.  Anyone with a link for this if it already
exists or with the energy to compile it yourself, go for it, and plz let
us know.

Oliver