Bugtraq mailing list archives

Mac OS X v10.0.x J2SE v1.3 clipboard tapping vulnerability

From: "TAKAGI, Hiromitsu" <takagi.hiromitsu () aist go jp>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:45:18 +0900

Java runtime (J2SE) for Mac OS X v10.0.x has a security hole.
It seems to have been fixed in Mac OS X v10.1.
http://www.apple.com/support/security/security_updates.html
Security updates are listed below according to the software release in
which they first appeared:
Mac OS X v10.1
o system clipboard / J2SE - Fixes a security issue that permitted
  unauthorized applets access to the system clipboard.

However, the patch for Mac OS X 10.0 has not been released.

Workaround:
Buy Mac OS X v10.1 or do not use Java applets on Mac OS X v10.0

A brief history of this issue: