Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: ARCserve 6.61 Share Access Vulnerability

From: ron <rdr () steelrat kernelsutra com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:14:58 -0400

Yes, I just took a look at the newsletter.  I had informed them on Sept. 7 and they were relatively quick with a patch
-- for ARCServe 2000.

So from reading the responses, I would say if you're running anything prior to ARCServe 2000 _and_ you have the
vulnerability,
the best course of action is to change the share permissions.

Not sure why the share is there.  It may be for a Network Agent of some sort.  Best to ask CA.

-rdr