Bugtraq mailing list archives

Question about Local vulnerability in libutil derived with FreeBSD.

From: "Rumen Telbizov" <altares () einet bg>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:31:12 +0300

Hi guys.

I've been subscribed in this mailing list for soon
and I'm not so familiar with the libraries and the
diferences of Linux and FreeBSD. Anyway ...
I tried the above vunlarability on 2 FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
boxes and it worked out! I tried this on one Linux RH6.2 box
with OpenSSH installed on it and it DID NOT work.

I guess it is because of the lack(or difference) of the
libutil library? Is it so? Have you got any other information
about similar vularabilities in OpenSSH running under RH6.2 ?

Thank you.