Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HACMP and port scans

From: Andreas Siegert <afxml () atsec com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:14:40 +0200

Quoting Alex Polli (apolli () pucrs br) on Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 01:36:12PM +0200:
Yes, I've faced this. In fact, the tcp connect() function, when applied to
certain HACMP ports causes the system to shut down that node. However, if
you make a SYN scan it won't happen.

IBM has given us no workaround, so we deployed a firewall in front of the
cluster machine, dropping packets to the HACMP ports.

Current AIX releases (AIX 4.3) have a packet filter that might help.

cheers
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 68                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831