Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Remote buffer overflow in Webalizer

From: Lars Hecking <lhecking () nmrc ie>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:06:58 +0100

Franck Coppola writes:
Here is a patch to fix the vulnerability (tested against
webalizer-2.01-06).
    Franck

 I assume the fact that the patch was in some mangled, binary-ish format
 was the reason why it slipped through to the list. It is quite obviously
 wrong (see man strncpy()).

|--- dns_resolv.c        Tue Apr 16 00:53:19 2002

|--- 445,449 ----