Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Winamp: Mp3 file can control the minibrowser

From: Andreas Sandblad <sandblad () acc umu se>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:02:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Daniel Lorch and the rest of Bugtraq,

it seems like Winamp staff just fixed the problem at server level to
correctly
filter out/convert html tags. Nice to see they so quickly adressed the
problem. Less than 30 minutes? I want to thank
  Wolfgang Schemmel
  MfG thE_iNviNciblE
for confirming the vulnerability and giving info.

Daniel Lorch, I am very curious about the "ID3v1 URL Comment support" you
are talking about. Can you show that it's still a feature in Winamp?
According to some sites I searched the feature is achieved by adding:
"!/URL" or "^/URL" in the comment field of the ID3v1 tag. Am I wrong? But
it didn't
work for me. If it should work I think it is a very dangerous feature.
Specially given all the vulnerabilites in IE recently. (cookie bug etc...)

Sincerely,
Andreas Sandblad