Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: EEYE: Macromedia Shockwave Flash Malformed Header Overflow

From: Tim Jackson <tim () timj co uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:50:08 +0100

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:44:38 -0700 Scott Lampert wrote:

As far as I can see there is no update to the UNIX versions.  The files
are all dated March 25.  The bulletin describes version 6 of the Flash
player as the fix, however that doesn't seem to be available for
anything other than Windows and Mac.  Am I missing something?

I asked Macromedia the same thing, and Troy Evans (Flash Player Product
Manager) replied:

TE> Flash Player for Linux and Solaris will be updated this afternoon (by
TE> the end of the day), the new player will be available at
TE> www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/

It seems they kept to this, as Flash Player 5.0r50 (at least for Linux;
other OS's not checked) is now available from that URL.

Tim