Bugtraq mailing list archives

Non existing attachments, more info

From: Valentijn Sessink <valentyn+bugtraq () nospam openoffice nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:36:05 +0100

Hi all,

Some additional information about the <CR> attachment hiding weakness in OE.

Firstly, my description of hiding a UUencoded attachment seemed not 100%
correct: as far as I can see, Outlook needs a regular <CRLF> at the end of a
UUencoded attachment. Hiding the attachment in the headers would thus look
like:

`<CR>end<CR>
So the last "real" line delimiter seems necessary (OE5.5/W95).

A couple of people seemed to think that simply interpreting all <CR>'s with
<CRLF>'s should solve the issue, however, that makes things worse, as the
scanner will now be forced to look "the outlook way". Suppose a mail is
formatted like this: