Bugtraq mailing list archives

Avirt 4.2 question

From: nicolas brulez <brulez () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:24:39 +0100

Hello,

I have seen 2 advisories for avirt 4.2 gateway.
Did they patch it without modifying the version ?
I tried the proof of concept exploit and it did nothing but close the server. I wanted to trigger the buffer overflow on the web server too, in order to write a proof of concept exploit but my attempts did nothhing but close the server again.. (something like 4000 chars)
I never managed to overwrite my EIP.(or doesn't it crash when you do it ? )
I was wondering if they patched it in a dodgy way ?
Sorry if it is not the good place for such a post ;-)

Best Regards,

Nicolas Brulez
Cartel-Securite.