Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: UPDATE: [wcolburn () nmt edu: SMTP relay through checkpoint fire wall]

From: "Corey J. Steele" <csteele () good-sam com>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 07:57:33 -0600

FYI,

Trend's Interscan 3.6 running on Linux is not vulnerable to this (we are
using Interscan in conjunction with squid.)

-C

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 17:55, Proescholdt, timo wrote:

It's not just Checkpoint Firewall that has a problem with HTTP
CONNECT.>
From what I can tell default installations of the CacheFlow web proxy
software, some Squid installations, some Apache installations with
proxying enabled, and some other web proxy installations I haven't
identified allow anyone to use the HTTP CONNECT method.  This is being

Finjan-SurfinGate/4.0 ( NT ) is "vulnerable" , Trend Micro Interscan
Viruswall ( 3.51 ) ( NT ) as well. Both do not seem to have a
configuration
switch to change this behaviour.
Squid 2.3 STABLE 1 seems not to be affected by this issue, as there is
no
CONNECT Method allowed in default configuration.

greetings
timo
--
Information Security Analyst