Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: UPDATE: [wcolburn () nmt edu: SMTP relay through checkpoint fire wall]

From: Menashe Eliezer <menashe () finjan com>
Date: 26 Feb 2002 15:17:18 -0000

Finjan Software's Response:
Finjan's SurfinGate security application can block the
HTTPS protocol, including the previously tested
version - 4.0. Furthermore, SurfinGate 6.01 can be
configured to allow only a limited number of HTTPS
sites and connections via certain ports.

Timo explained to us that he wanted to configure
Finjan SurfinGate to allow only HTTPS connections
via port 443. We suggested upgrading to SurfinGate
6.01 in order to define such a specific policy.

Even if encrypted communication is permitted by the
security administrator, Finjan SurfinShield Corporate,
which is installed on the user's desktop, will monitor
active content behavior.

We thank Timo Proescholdt for checking SurfinGate,
but we prefer to be contacted prior to publishing
information of this nature in order to prevent any
misunderstandings.

--
Menashe Eliezer
Manager, Malicious Code Research Center