Bugtraq mailing list archives

OSX ICQ DoS

From: Stephen <sa7ori () tasam com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:00:45 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
        I looked a bit for this problem on the web, and cant find it so
I am posting it here. Yeah, so its a lame DoS for several versions of
OSX's ICQ clients. Version information is in the comment space of the
proof of concept exploit code I have included below. This was a quick
hack based on some code I authored that exploited a similar problem with
some earlier versions of Licq. I was learning basic socket coding at the
time I wrote the Licq thingy, but nonetheless here is the code that works
on ICQ MacOSX Ver 2.6x Beta Build 7 and others.