Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: AW: IE https certificate attack

From: George Staikos <staikos () 0wned org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:11:14 -0500

On Thursday 03 January 2002 09:04, K.J.Mueller () EnBW com wrote:

could it be, that the text-browsers (lynx, links, w3m) don't even
bother comparing the actual server name to the certificate's
"issued for" entry?

Looks like Konqueror 2.2.1 (Mandrake Linux 8.1 + OpenSSL 0.9.6b) is also
vulnerable. I've got no warning when entering on this page. I've tested
it

  The https implementation in Konqueror is incomplete.  As of 2.2.2 it is
much more complete, although the code to test CN=hostname doesn't work
properly.  This is fixed in KDE 2.2 branch CVS and KDE 3.x HEAD branch.  KDE
3.0 should feature a more-or-less full HTTPS implementation finally.

    Most of the incomplete code and bugs in KDE SSL are documented anyways.

--

George Staikos