Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Hoax Exploit

From: Tom Fischer <Tom.Fischer () rus uni-stuttgart de>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:15:40 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 11:39:55AM -0400, John Korsak wrote:
We have been unable to duplicate the problem and the code attached to the
above message is unknown in nature.  We suspect that the "patch" released in
the message is actually designed to open a vulnerability.  At this time we
are advising our users that this advisory is a hoax and to not apply the
patch.  I would like to request that the message be removed to prevent
further confusion.  Thank you.
can't duplicate the remote code execution but the IMail Web Service (v.
7.11 - 2002.06.17.24) crashed cause of the GET request (DoS attack)

--
Tom Fischer                              Tom.Fischer () rus uni-stuttgart de
RUS-CERT University of Stuttgart       Tel:+49 711 685-8076 / -5898 (fax)