Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: UPDATE: [wcolburn () nmt edu: SMTP relay through checkpoint fire wall]

From: "Corey J. Steele" <csteele () good-sam com>
Date: 26 Feb 2002 10:29:19 -0600

Peter,

One more thing I was thinking of... wouldn't it make quite a bit of
difference as to what the value of the "proxy_behind" token in
/etc/iscan/intscan.ini is set to?  I've got mine set to no, and have
told InterScan that it is not to act as a proxy but rather it is to pass
proxy requests off to localhost:3128, thus InterScan only scans http
traffic coming to and going from that proxy server (in this case, this
is our parent proxy server, so everything coming from one of the child
proxies goes here first -- to be scanned and to check the parent cache.)

Not sure if this clears it up, but basically I believe this is a
"proper" configuration, furthermore, we've stopped several viruses with
this configuration in place, and it is not suceptible to the CONNECT
flaw that Interscan seems to otherwise be suceptible to.

Best Regards,
Corey