Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [RHSA-2002:047-10] Updated fetchmail packages available

From: Olaf Kirch <okir () caldera de>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:16:58 +0200

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 01:27:37PM -0700, Nate Eldredge wrote:
Linux at least, this is a compile-time kernel constant whose value
depends on such things as the amount of memory in the machine.  I'm
not aware of any good way to query it.

environ will usually point to some location near the top of the stack.
setproctitle somehow finds the top stack page, too, but I don't recall
how it does it.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch        |  Anyone who has had to work with X.509 has probably
okir () caldera de   |  experienced what can best be described as