Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MS-Windows ME IE/Outlook/HelpCenter critical vulnerability

From: Fozzy <fozzy () dmpfrance com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:37:56 +0100

Hi,

My post entitled "MS-Windows ME IE/Outlook/HelpCenter critical vulnerability" was parsed incorrectly by the
securityfocus mailing-list manager, giving me a From: adress "fozzy () securityfocus com".

My contact e-mail is fozzy () dmpfrance com. I am not, in any way, a member of securityfocus.com.

Thanks,

Fozzy

The Hackademy Audit, Journal & School - Paris
http://www.thehackademy.net

PS: with respect to the reported security issue, please take good note that this is a WinME issue. Windows XP is
vulnerable _only_ if patch MS02-060 was not applied. So most WinXP users are safe. Moreover, a Microsoft guy told me
the Help Center is not included in Windows 2000, so Win2000 should not be vulnerable.