Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [VulnDiscuss] Re: Opentype font file causes Windows to restart - rename .TTF

From: Alan Olsen <alan () wirex com>
Date: 07 Jan 2003 13:21:22 -0800

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 20:12, Mark Litchfield wrote:
Renaming the file extension to TTF (True Type Font) also causes an instant
reboot on Win2k, although still does not work on .NET Server (don't have XP
in house to test on at the minute).

Something that the hackers (thankfully) have seem to forgotten.

Fonts under Windows are dlls.  (Or at least treated like them.)

At least that is what I remember.  I have given up programming on the
beast.